Born and raised in Hamtramck, Ana Gavrilovska writes stories about music and art. After a pit stop living in the suburbs, she returned to Detroit as soon as she could, earning an English degree from Wayne State University. She’s been involved in the music scene as a fan for much longer, but never considered combining her passions—music and words—until she wandered into the field of music journalism as a freelancer for Detroit Metro Times. Since then, Gavrilovska has carved out an idiosyncratic path as an arts and culture writer with print magazine features, artist interviews, liner notes, album reviews, online content, artist bios, and more.
- Album Liner Notes for Kins by Griot Galaxy
- The Positive Force & Ade Olatunji :: Oracy
- How Kresge Eminent Artist Wendell Harrison found his tribe
- Jazz duo Balance brings poignant short stories to life at public library
- Bird of Passage: Why we absolutely had to track down this amazing sign painter in Detroit
- An Insane Amount of Images All The Time: Lucy Cahill’s Vibrant Contemporary Poster Art